Sometimes life takes very unexpected turns, and right after my last post my life took an unexpected & delightful one. Also? A little prickly.
A pet hedgehog who was abandoned by her owners outside was found in someone’s front yard and taken the the Winnipeg Humane Society. She had been starving for a little while because she never learned to hunt, and was in need of a forever family. My sweet friend Holli sent me a link to her posting, and I adopted her first thing the next morning!
I love animals, and I grew up reading Wind in the Willows and Beatrix Potter, so hedgehogs and rabbits are among the animals I can’t help but picture in a waistcoat or making tea. I’ve always been fascinated by them, and a hedgehog fits into our family perfectly.
Sometimes fate is pretty darn adorable.
So, friends? Meet Ramona.
- Napping in the crook of my arm (She PURRS!)
- Running in her wheel like she’s qualifying for the olympics
- Snuggling inside of my hoodie, where it feels very safe
- Cuddling with our dog Mal, the moment he realized she was an animal and not a toy, but was still using self control to contain his barking
- Noises other than Kyla’s voice
- Movement that is unexpected (see: most movement)
- The veggies that accompany her food, which she mostly doesn’t not consider food items
- Mal’s barking, which started the moment he realised she is a new animal in the house & didn’t have to use self control to contain himself anymore