I've been tagged a couple times recently and because of staying up entirely too late last night putting snazzy little PDF Resume/Reference/Writing Sample packages together for a few different freelance opportunities that I didn't have time to write a proper thoughtful, photo packed entry! So instead I'm catching up on a tag from Random Musings from the Downbeat last week.
I’m pretty sure this is why meme’s were invented.
I’m meant to tell you six things about myself that I haven’t mentioned here before, and just because I have my wedding pictures back now and will be sharing them with you next week, this is going to be Random Facts: The Wedding Edition:
- Since writing a post about my “DIY Boob Job” for the wedding (fixing the front of my dress) most of the search term driven traffic that I get is about “boobs in wedding dress”, “wedding boobs”, “wedding dress of the year boobs”, or just plain old “boobs”. I’m also an adviser to people who are looking into “How not to totally freak out before a wedding”. My number one tip is to not invite your whole county. That and champagne.
- I tried to put the ring on Mister’s right hand, and when he didn’t correct me right away I told him that he “should have given me the right hand!!”. That’s right, we had a domestic dispute at the altar, which I think is raising the bar.
- Our wedding was so small that we have a group shot of everyone who was in attendance on the stairs of the church, it’s one of my favourites.
- The owner of the restaurant where we had our reception pulled me aside and told me that I was the most relaxed bride she’d ever worked with in 20 years, and that my family is welcome in their restaurant any time, which was one of the nicest complements I received on that day. That’s a contest I’m happy to win.
- After all of the fuss about trying to find a vintage car we found an up and down amazing black, 1963 T-Bird. We took it to get ice cream from an old fashioned ice cream shop immediately after the ceremony and the pictures are outstanding!
- One of the nicest surprises was that two days before the wedding one of my oldest friends who I’ve been out of touch for some time e-mailed me asking if she could stand at the back of the church during the ceremony because she would regret it if she didn’t ask if she could see me be married. She didn’t have to stand, we gave her a chair, and having her there was wonderful.
And additionally, I’ve been receiving some blog love lately!
And while I’m not too sure how much love I can give out in return, here are a couple of the kids – beyond those lurving me – who I’m really enjoying at the moment:
Thanks for the mem indulgence and I'll be back with a recap of the Deathcab for Cutie/Neil Young/East Indian Food outing I'm going on tonight! And then………the wedding!