I’ve been snacking like crazy lately, and having something healthy nearby always helps make sure I don’t dive into something I’ll regret later. This is so easy to throw together that it barely qualifies as a recipe, but they’re a delicious way to satisfy a sweet tooth so I took a few pictures to share.
After all, when the words “chocolate” and “almost too easy to qualify as a recipe” are in the same sentence, sharing the details is for the common good.
Organic Dark Chocolate Energy Bites
Inspired by Simply Tara Lynn
Yield: 16 circles, slightly larger than a quarter.
- 1/4 C Tbsp organic dark chocolate chips
- Unsalted organic trail mix
- Hemp hearts (optional)
- Wax paper & a cookie sheet or a large, freezer safe surface like a plastic cutting board
- Pop the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds to melt the chips. Stir, then heat for another 15 seconds if all chips aren’t melted.
- Lay the wax paper down on your cookie sheet, and dip a spoon into the chocolate. Scoop up the chocolate and drizzle it into chocolate circles.
- Take a handful of trail mix and sprinkle on top of the chocolate circles. Adjust the trail mix pieces & down slightly, to make sure all the pieces are touching the chocolate.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts (optional)
- Allow chocolate to cool on the counter and set, or place in the freezer for 10 minutes to start enjoying them right away.