One of the best things about being a blogger with a business is that when opportunities come up in my company, my business partner and I can share them with the incredible people we know (and with people who you know) through our blogs. This happens once every few years, and this is the first time we have a job that’s not technical or design related to share.
We’ve been working on lots of changes for the new year (some that I shared yesterday) but another part of that is that we’re hiring a new customer service manager and the job is open to you, no matter where you live. It would be perfect for a blogger or writer looking for a stable, long term job that they can use to go full time freelance or reduce their time at a 9-to-5, and we’d love to make that happen for one of our readers or their friends.
- This is a work from home / telecommuting position.
- It’s paid! We value the time of the people we work with, and we expect you to value ours too.
- Minimum 20 hours per week, with the potential to go full-time.
What You’d Do
We’re a creative company looking for someone with a heart for customer service & organization. The position involves providing high level e-mail based customer service, bringing an eye for detail to everything you do, routing emails, processing customer orders, being a creative problem solver, providing basic technical support and troubleshooting strategies to clients, coordinating schedules between our clients, designers and developers, and much more. The main software used is Gmail, Paypal, Google Docs, Skype and Mail Chimp. We have a complete training program in place for the chosen applicant to bridge any gaps in your experience.
Who We Are
- We’re a small team of creative, outgoing, supportive and encouraging people.
- Our services are among the biggest investments our customers will make in their business or blog in a given year. We want our customer service to be a positive reflection of how much that means to them, and how seriously we take the time they spend with us.
- We recognize the contributions of everyone on our team and look for ways we can tailor their position to their strengths.
- We love reading blogs, pop culture, crafting, the handmade community and that we get to help people live out their dreams of working for themselves.
Who You Are
- You’re positive, energetic and genuinely concerned about being the highlight of the day for the people you connect with.
- You enjoy being a facilitator for the people around you and love making things happen- more specifically, you’re into getting things done.
- Your weekends always seem to feature a project you’ve invented for yourself that you can’t tear yourself away from. You’re happiest when you’re busy and using your natural skills.
- You’re a creative problem solver and if this were a 1980′s employee training video, it would say you think “outside the box”
- You easily see large projects as sets of small tasks, you’ve been complemented for catching details in your own work- and you jump in to suggest a solution when you hear other people struggling with.
- You’re empathetic and often find yourself imagining what it feels like to be in another person’s shoes. You’re the kind of person who has real conversations with the clerks at grocery stores.
- You’re dedicated and over deliver for your customers no matter where you work because it’s in your nature to master what you take on.
Bonus points for knowing your way around WordPress, being able to read basic HTML or having an interest in blogging, social media and marketing.
Sense of humour and high standards are mandatory. Additional vowels in your spelling are optional.
Please email kyla [at] frecklednest [dot] com and include a resume and email explaining why your experience and personality makes you a good fit for the position, along with your availability.
Do you know someone who fits this description? Please share this post with them!
Are you this person? Make our dreams come true & apply :)
[EDIT: Now Closed]
You guys blew us away- we’ve had applications pour in over the past five days and are incredibly grateful to everyone who has applied. In order to have enough time to properly review and respond to the applicants we’re closing the job posting, and sincerely appreciate the interest that’s been expressed in working with us.